The mission of Forerunners is to assist families in developing boys into men of principles, truth and courage for Christ. That they would become forerunners for their family, church and in every aspect of their lives. We want to lead, train, and equip boys to become forerunners for Christ. Men that will stand steadfast on the anchor of Jesus during life’s many storms. To be the forerunners for their family, churches, community and America.
- To raise spiritual awareness in boys and young men so they seek wisdom.
- To boost confidence in who they are in Christ.
- To increase self reliance by building life skills.
- To make men who will stand steadfast in their beliefs and rely on Jesus as their anchor through life’s difficulties and temptations.
- To instill self discipline and personal courage to do what is right, even when it is costly.
- To increase self respect and respect for others
Backpacking, Knots, Ropes, Archery, Marksmanship and Weapon Safety, Orienteering, Spelunking (caving), Team Leader Courses, Paintball, First Aid, and much more.
8 to 18yrs
Generally, the first Sunday of the month at 2:30pm @ TBC. Please verify with the website calendar.
Discipline is an important matter for the raising of spiritually responsible, respectful, and moral young men. This policy clarifies what is expected of the Forerunner participants and each discipline issue will be handled on an individual basis.
There is a four step procedure to the policy.
- Verbal warning
- Up to thirty push-ups or leg lifts.
- Talking to parents
- Removal from organization
It is important to have a fun and exciting time during the meetings and outings, but this policy is meant to ensure safety and respect for others…discipline must be kept. We will make every effort possible to keep each young man in the Forerunner program. Parents are welcomed at every meeting and event. Parents are also encouraged to participate. If at any time there are questions or concerns please contact any of the Forerunners leaders.
In order to accomplish the goals of Forerunners (to teach self respect, respect of others and self accountably) discipline must play a large role in the program.